The National Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Expertise 2020
Expertise 2016
Avvo Rating
Avvo Clients' Choice Award 2017
Avvo Criminal Defense
Avvo Top Contributor 2015

Getting a Hardship License After a DUI Arrest

When you’ve been arrested for DUI one of the first bad things that happens to you is that your license is suspended for six months, sometimes up to a year if you refuse to blow.

The good news is of course that you can get a hardship license, and that will let you drive even though you don’t have your full license back because of the DUI.

Getting a Hardship License After a DUI Arrest

There’s a way to do this. To get this hardship license, you’ve got to start by signing up for the DUI counterattack school. It’s called the DUI school “Level One”. When you sign up for the DUI school, please, bring your paperwork to this place because they will turn you away if you don’t have your arrest report and things like that.

Second, this class runs about $300, maybe $290, somewhere in there, sometimes as low as $265. Either way, bring your checkbook, right?

The second thing you’re going to do is take proof of that class–proof that you’ve just signed up for the class, and bring it to the DMV. But, not just any DMV, you’ve got to take it to the Bureau of Administrative Reviews.

Here in Orlando the Bureau is at 4101 Clarcona-Ocoee Blvd. But, usually, each county has one Bureau of Administrative Reviews, some counties actually share a bureau.

What you’re going to have to do is take the sign up sheet to the Bureau of Administrative Reviews and they will give you your hardship license.

It runs about $250 on the Bureau’s end to reinstate and get a hardship. So, be aware that this whole thing is going to run about $600.

Now, before you do all this, let me just ask you to do one thing: you have to consult with an attorney first. Because, that DUI suspension that you’re getting a hardship for, maybe its beatable? Maybe it shouldn’t be there to begin with.

Maybe the machines weren’t working properly or what-have-you. Maybe the stop of your car wasn’t good enough to issue a suspension.

And if that’s the case, talk to an attorney who’s going to be able to tell you “go ahead and get your hardship” or “let me fight the hardship, let me fight to get your license back”.

Because really, you’re better off with a full license than just having a hardship license, and in another video we’ll talk to you about what a hardship license is, and isn’t.

Client Reviews

If you need legal help your in the right place John Guidry is efficient professional and gets the job done. There’s no games or gimmicks. John will always be highly recommended by me . Thank you John for all of your help.

Jovon W.

Straightforward and will go the extra mile for you. If the unfortunate need ever arises, John would always be my first call. Honesty and integrity are the words that come to mind in reference to his impeccable service. Thankful for you, John.

Renee F.

If you need an excellent lawyer I would recommend the Law Firm of John Guidry 100%. He took the time to hear me out and helped me with my case. Thank you so much John.

Edwin M.

Contact Us

  1. 1 Free Consultation
  2. 2 Available 24/7
  3. 3 Over 28 Years of Experience
Fill out the contact form or call us at (407) 423-1117 to schedule your free consultation.