The National Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Expertise 2020
Expertise 2016
Avvo Rating
Avvo Clients' Choice Award 2017
Avvo Criminal Defense
Avvo Top Contributor 2015

Is There a Deadline to Seal or Expunge an Arrest Record?

There is no deadline for sealing or expunging your criminal history. If your case finished yesterday, you can start sealing or expunging, or you can wait until next month, you can wait ten years, twenty years–whatever you want because there is no deadline on this. You can start at any time.

It is a lengthy process so, the sooner you start the faster this is all going to happen for you. It’s about a seven to twelve month process depending on the judges and the prosecutors and the case involved.

Is There a Deadline to Seal or Expunge an Arrest Record?

Even if you’ve waited fifteen or twenty years, that’s fine. You can go ahead and do it. I have quite a few clients that have done this that. Its been fifteen, twenty years, and now its time to hide this, erase it, make it disappear. And, that’s what sealing and expunging is all about.

So please, take advantage of the law. Florida law allows you to erase this. You ought to do it. As the Chinese proverb goes, the best to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time to plant a tree is today. So, the sooner you can get this started the sooner this can get off your back. But, like I said, no deadlines. Never too late. You can wait decades if you want and that’s fine, we can take care of it. Good luck and take care.

Client Reviews

If you need legal help your in the right place John Guidry is efficient professional and gets the job done. There’s no games or gimmicks. John will always be highly recommended by me . Thank you John for all of your help.

Jovon W.

Straightforward and will go the extra mile for you. If the unfortunate need ever arises, John would always be my first call. Honesty and integrity are the words that come to mind in reference to his impeccable service. Thankful for you, John.

Renee F.

If you need an excellent lawyer I would recommend the Law Firm of John Guidry 100%. He took the time to hear me out and helped me with my case. Thank you so much John.

Edwin M.

Contact Us

  1. 1 Free Consultation
  2. 2 Available 24/7
  3. 3 Over 28 Years of Experience
Fill out the contact form or call us at (407) 423-1117 to schedule your free consultation.